You can walk, drive your own car, carpool with dorm-mates, rent a bicycle for the week (see below), or hitch a ride on one of our vans or golf carts.
Driving & Parking
- If you are driving your own personal vehicle, be on the look-out for fellow conferees who might need rides.
- If you have a handicap windshield card, consider carrying it with you at all times so that if you hitch a ride with someone, the driver can legally park in a handicap spot.
- OVERFLOW AREAS:
- Tennessee Williams parking lot behind Cravens Hall.
- Behind Benedict Dormitory off of University Ave on Hall St.
- Secondary McCrady Parking lot near the Barnwell Apartment Complex located on
If you do not have a University parking sticker, you may park in any Visitor parking
spot designated by white lines.
- OFF LIMITS PARKING AREAS:
- Parking along University Avenue unless Event Parking signs are displayed.
- Blue parking spaces are University employee parking only.
- Head Resident or Service spaces.
- Non-parallel- parked cars must be head-in so that members of the Sewanee Police can read the license plate.
- We have one van and two fancy golf carts this year to get us from point to point (drivers are certified).
- Conference shuttle service will begin ferrying passengers 15 minutes prior to breakfast each day and will make the rounds from dorms to the venues: McClurg Dining Hall, Chapel of the Apostles (COTA), the School of Theology (the Pit and various seminary classrooms are here), All Saints' Chapel, and Cravens Hall (for the Banquet and the Frolic).
- Golf carts will give precedence to those who require "door-to-door" service, since they are capable of driving on sidewalks.
Rent a bike from Woody's Bicycles
So you're flying into Chattanooga or Nashville...
- First of all, it's good to bear in mind that Chattanooga is on Eastern Time, and that Nashville and Sewanee are Central Time.
- Groome Transportation is the shuttle service between both the Nashville and Chattanooga airports.
- Shuttles from BOTH airports stop in Monteagle (adjacent to Sewanee) at the Best Western Smoke House Lodge.
- Make sure you have a seat on the shuttle by calling 423-954-1400 to make a reservation. (For shuttle times and other details, see Groome's website)
- Call Mike Mason, SCMC's Director of Transportation, and he'll send a driver to the Smoke House Lodge to fetch you and deliver you to Registration. Now THAT's service!